Staff Medical services have been in existence since 1982 with full fledged comprehensive medical program under the pioneer headship of Dr. G.I. Adeleye. The department is a medical department; essentially an out-patient outfit with complementary services for follow-up of members of staff seen in specialist Clinics and those on admission, under an efficient and result-oriented team led by Dr. Adekemi A. Fadipe, a Consultant Family Physician and administrator.
There is 24 hour consultation program for UCH staff, dependants, College of Medicine (UCH based) staff, dependants in the Staff Clinic outpatient facility and after hours in casualty.
The department has 4 consultants, 3 of whom are Consultant Family Physicians, a Senior Medical Officer, who is a Specialist Pediatricians and 9 medical doctors complemented by devoted paramedical team.
The Staff Medical Services Department is responsible for looking after over 7 thousand people made up of UCH/College of Medicine staff and their dependants and additional NHIS registered spouses (husbands)
The department carries out daily medical consultation for these groups of people and also after hour consultation.
The consultant staff coordinates and supervises the medical officers to achieve a standard medical health delivery for the well being of the staff and their dependants.
Routine immunization clinics are run for staff and dependants on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
It caters for a significant number of NHIS registered persons in the teaching hospital complex.
It routinely does screening exercises for occupational groups in the hospital and also specific screening from time to time and plans interventional programs as needed.
- 24 hour coverage of Health care delivery for members of staff of the UCH/College of Medicine (UCH based) and their dependants.
- Occupational Health clinics on Tuesday and Thursday for Pre-employment/ pre-school entry/Overseas job/Overseas courses medical examination.
- Follow up of cases attending specialist clinics and patients on admission. Attendance at Continuous Medical Education Programs is mandatory for all members of staff in the department.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
- Daily consultation; Daily Comprehensive medical consultation with side room laboratory investigations. Health education & counseling inclusive
- Occupational Health Clinic; Comprehensive medical examination/screening and well clinics 9am – 2pm on Tuesday & Thursdays
- NHIS patients; Daily Comprehensive medical consultation NHIS counter-signature
AVERAGE CLINIC-DAY PATIENT LOAD
Monday - Friday
8.00 A.M - 4.00 P.M
60 per day
8.00 A.M - 1.00 P.M
18 per day
Monday - Friday
4.00 P.M - 8.00 A.M
10 per day
1.00 P.M - 8.00 A.M
20 per day
8.00 A.M - 8.00 P.M
30 per day
Occupation Health &
Tuesday & Thursdays
9.00 A.M - 2.00 P.M
45 per day
Out-patients Immunisation Clinic
Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday
9.00 A.M - 3.00 P.M
104 per day