Public Health Nursing
The public health nursing department is the third arm of nursing Services in the University College Hospital; it was established in January 1995. Prior to this public health nursing activities were carried out by nursing personnel who had undergone Public Health Nursing training or its equivalent.
The Departmental activities are Hospital and Community Based. Hospital Based activities include all services rendered to clients assessing University College Hospital facilities, while Community Based activities are rendered to clients at the public health nursing outreach stations in accordance with Primary Health Care (PHC) concept.
The vision of the department is to promote optimal care in Health promotion, Health prevention, Health protection, rendering comprehensive health care in the rural and urban areas in accordance with PHC concept and rehabilitation.
Our mission is to extend health promotion activities to all nooks and corners of the community within and outside Oyo State and undertake necessary actions that will strengthen the national health system.
- Community survey and mobilization
- Health Education.
- Participates in the organization of health program.
- Control of infectious diseases.
- Maternal/Child Health Services
- School Health Service
- Referral Services
- Home Visiting
- Data Collection
- Record Keeping
- Student Community Health Programs
- Adolescent/Adult/Geriatric care
- General Out-patient
- Medical Out Patient
- Staff Medical Services
- Central Immunization
- Surgical Out-patient
- Eye Clinic
- Ear Nose Throat Clint (ENT)
- Paediatrics unit (Children’s out patient and children emergency ward)
- STD/Anti-retroviral/PEPFAR Clinic
- UCH Primary Health Care Centre, Abedo in the Akinyele Local Government Area of Oyo State
- UCH Comprehensive Health Centre, Okuku. In the Odo-Otin Local Government Area of Oyo State.
- UCH Comprehensive Health Centre, Sepeteri in the Saki East Local Government Area of Oyo State.
- Aladura Village Health Clinic on Ogunmakin – Abeokuta road, in the Obafemi Owode Local Government Area of Ogun State.
- Primary Health Care Centre Lagun in the Lagelu Local Government Area of Oyo State.
- Idikan Primary Health Care Centre, Ibadan
- Motherless Babies Home, Ilora in the Afijo Local Government of Oyo State.
- Primary Health Centre Jago in Ona-Ara Local Govt. Area of Oyo State.