Admission Policy/Requirements/School Fees
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above-named course in this hospital. The Preoperative Nursing course is a Post-Basic Nursing programme approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria. The course is designed to equip registered nurses with the complexity of knowledge and skills required for Preoperative Nursing care. The duration of the course is twelve (12) calendar months commencing in November.
1. PROGRAMME CONTENT
- Practical demonstrations
- Clinical exposures
- Case studies
- Field trips e.t.c
2. ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Applicant Must Be a registered Nurse (R. N) registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
- Have at least credit passes in five subjects at WAEC or NECO O’level including English and three Science subjects.
- Have at least one-year post qualification experience in a clinical area, preferably in a surgical unit.
- Show evidence of sponsorship throughout the period of training.
- Candidates are expected to make individual arrangements for their accommodation in Ibadan.
4. BENCH FEE
- Sixty-five thousand naira only (N 65, 000.00) (Subject upward review)
5. METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications should be made with a non-refundable fee of five thousand naira only (N 5, 000.00) in bank draft, from Intercontinental Bank, UCH branch and made payable to the Chief Medical Director, University College Hospital, Ibadan together with three self-addressed and stamped foolscap envelopes. The full name and address of applicant must be boldly written at the back of the bank draft.
6. CLOSING DATE
Completed application forms duly endorsed by sponsors together with photocopies of relevant certificates and credentials must be forwarded to:
THE ASSISTANT DIRECTOR NURSING TRAINING (PON)
Perioperative Nursing School,
University College Hospital, Ibadan