The dietetics department was established in 1975 under the leadership of Mrs G.O Wusu who was the very first trained dietitian in Nigeria. The Department hosted the 21st Annual national scientific conference of NDA (Nigerian Dietetics Association) in August 1991 and 31st Annual national scientific conference of the Nigerian Dietetics Association (NDA) in August 2005.
Mrs Iyabode Adenrele Alabi is the current head of department with seven dieticians and 12 diet aides (supervisors) who assists in the preparation of therapeutic diet and a clerical officer.
- Planning, Calculating and transcribing of therapeutic diet into food according to prescription.
- Counseling of in and out patients on their diets.
- Supervision and preparation of diets
- Participating in enlightenment programme on healthy living through nutrition via the media houses (radio,television,etc), taking nutrition education to less priviledged people in villages and local government area.
- Training of Dietetics internees, student on industrial training and youth corpers.
- Lecturing of students in higher institution in Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Mondays & Alternate Friday - Endocrine
- Tuesdays - Renal Clinic
- Wednesday - G.I.T Clinic
- Thursday - Cardiology
- Friday - Psychiatry
- Medical out patients
- Children out patients
- Administrative Unit
- Intern lecture room
- Marketing Unit
- Dietetic Kitchen